Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's chillin' Otter pops?



Continuing work on the concepts of the space pirates we come to the sketches of the Galacans. In the story the Galacans have managed to conquer most of the galaxy and become the dominant race, as well as force most humanoids into their servitude. I think Hastings made up some lore to back up why they are so war like...something about a giant clam or pearl? I don't know, anyway....
The Galacans in basically otter people, which fits well with the nautical space theme. Today I did a basic sketch of a more realistic Galacan concpet before deciding it was not what I was after and went back to my cartoon style, except like...otterized. I tried to capture a wide variety of different emotions and expressions.


I have to give some credit to Disney, its not easy making animals show emotion. And it deffinantly not easy trying to make a creature as hairy as an otter look particularly feminine.

Near the end of the day though my creativity reached that point where the silliness became over whealming and i found myself drawing my best freind from highschool as an otter man. Although Brent is not actually a Galacan I must admit to seeing a certain resemblence.

No comments:

Post a Comment