Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

What I've been up to


Here's some of what I have been working on lately. Ever since I bought a femshep statuet for my desktop the inspiration has been flowing like a waterfall!

Below is what I was working on today. Not much to look at yet, just a bit of a sketch/doodle. Eventually I intend to work it into an epic team shot. I will be posting updated progress posts as it continues to take form. For the moment I have Peck in the bottom left rocking the "Greatest of her Father's sons" look. Its all good. And on the right, a work in progress on "Tawnee Windrider" sporting which so far is something akin to a superhero sort of look. I will continue to concept on it.




Other stuff I have been messing around with has been this dragon. I had a nice clean streak going; 10 years of no dragon art hehe. But KG has been drawing dragons and I suppose I (for lack of subject) gave into the desires of 13 year old Nate and made a dragon. I was going for a golden bronze sort of look. I suppose I was thinking of Relicon and his trusty Bronze drake from my day in the War on Azzeroth... But I am retired now. From the war and dragon art... hopefully.
 


This last one was something I felt particularly proud of. It started as just a bit of a warm up drawing using brown values, but I got into it and ended up working it for a hour or two. The end result was nothing less than the Queen of Blades in all her awesome glory. Chris Metzen would be proud... I hope. At any rate I enjoyed using the brown instead of gray tones for a change (it totally wasn't on accident...really) and I think I may attempt to use them more often in future.
 
"I'm still the Queen Bitch of the Universe"

No comments:

Post a Comment