Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

2 Restored Classics

The Last 2 days or so have consisted of drawing to the point where my knuckles feel like they are going to break. But no pain no gain and all that. My goal for these comics to mostly to continue with using actual backgrounds like a began in "Is it Hostile?" as well as shading and lighting effects. I think it defiantly adds to the image, giving it almost painted look.

Here I have two fine classics from the second RTB, that have been revamped, colored and shaded. These two comics also re-introduce a few classic characters. Kenzie, Brittney and Amy.

Rescuing Damsels

This was a popular back in the day. Regrettably, I cannot remember what the original inspiration was exactly. All I can recall is that there was a short 4 paneller proceeding this one in which I told Trevor we were taking chivalry to the next level. He found the idea to be gay until I told him we were going to rescue damsels in which he responded with "Oh God yes". Although I may remake that brief segment in future I do not think it is necessary to enjoy this strip as is. However if anyone can remember what was going through my mind at the time I made the original of this do not be afraid to speak up.

"You are Riding the Bus!"

I believe this was originally a collaborative written piece between Trevor and I as the Trev dialog in the comic appears to be almost to realist to how he would say something. As I remember this piece was inspired by two things, 1. We wanted to add a diversity of characters (female in particular) so we wanted to make something about Kenzie, and 2. You guessed it! Kenzie got a car! At any rate the humor is classic Nate/Trevor 2nd RTB and it makes me smile to see it presented in this stunning colored form.


Keep your eyes on the blog everyone I intend to keep cranking them out, hand pain or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment