Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Necrocomicon

My plan for this coming term is to continue the comic production from spring and fall in preparations for the art book I eventually I hope to create for my senior capstone. The goal follows a plan almost identical to last term of, 2 new comics a week 3 if I can manage it.

The Process will be simple. I will begin as before with a rough sketch or at least some loose concept that I have jotted down on paper. After which I will scan the sketches and proceed to ink the outlines, add color, definition and text bubble in Photoshop.
Note the Transformation in the examples provided below.





The eventual goal of producing these comics would be reach a number that would be suitable to form an appropriately sized book. The book I am thinking would not be a "Comic Book" in the classic sense of a dark story driven narrative, but rather a humorous collection of my work. An anthology of the strips I have done over the past several years. This is common among newspaper strips and even web comics to release something like this every several years.

Timeline wise I would like complete at least 2-3 comic strips a week depending on the length and number of panels. Following this timeline it should put me with at least 20 new comics by the end of term if not more. As to what the strips will each be about I will have to determine that as the week draw nearer.

Week 1- Initial Planning & 2 Strips (I gave You Life) (The Inner Darkness)



Week 2- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 3 -2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 4- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 5- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 6- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 7- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 8- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 9 -2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

Week 10- 2 New strips (Concepts to be decided)

If for whatever reason something prevents me from meeting a weekly goal of 2 strips, then I will add them them onto future weeks spaced out evenly.

Possibly in the future I will work on concepts for other elements of the book, such as front and back cover, table of contents and devoted to my personal commentary on individual strips should I choose to include it. This is only a secondary goal however and will probably not be focused upon heavily until the final term of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment