Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dingbat Collages

Incorporating pictures of wizards into some larger composed imaged initially turned out to me more difficult then I thought. The first image I created was hat I called "Wizard Army" and it was a group on clone like wizard marching off under the command of the there crippled but tyrannical leader. However, although mildly amusing I didn't think it to be very creativly stimulating.


Moving on a began to explore the just toss stuff out on the screen, rotating it and adjusting the size to just see what would happen. The first of these images was fairly simple while the second was a bit more intricate. For the second of these which I called the "Swirling Vortex" I really tried to make use of the endless supply of images I could duplicate by layering them onto each other and vortex formation. I think Had the imagery of a galaxy somewhere in my mind. However the main issue I faced was the inconsistency of having both colored and non color objects.

For my final two images I decided to tackle the color issue head on by using only black and white while still pushing my ability to use massive waves of the objects. The first of these images was mostly an experiment where I was trying to recreate some of the feel of ink line drawing by only the repeated line images. Although this image was nothing amazing it did inspire me to work on my final collage, in which I actually attempted to create an picture of a castle using only the line images to create value.

No comments:

Post a Comment