Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I Serve only the Frozen Throne!"

For this work I decided to create my own version of the Frozen Throne. I wasn't looking to make an exact replica but merely my own version. I decided the frozen throne would be a example for displaying forground, midground and background, do to the low angle of the far stretching shot. The focus of the shot is the Frozen Throne rising out of the icy waters of Ice Crown, this is in the mid-ground of the original shot. The floating ice in front of it shows the distance between the viewer and the throne implying its vast size. This size is also shown by just how the throne cuts the background in half.

In my work I tried to emulate this as much as possible. The goal was the make the Frozen throne, which was no bigger then most of the ice in the shot, seem to be many times larger then it really was. I began by making the ice formations get steadily smaller as they moved farther back in the shot. In addition to make the throne seem taller I tilted in back slightly to give it a looming look, while at the same time tilting the water to keep it visible while keeping the camera level with the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment